RECIPES | Juice Pulp Burgers
Not sure about you, but quarantine has me rediscovering my kitchen as a playground, medicine cabinet, a source of inspiration, and my personal favorite, a procrastination station.
Semi-regularily, I’ll be sharing my favorite nourishing, plant-based recipes. Some are old time favorites, some, like these Juice Pulp Burgers we have quarantine to thank.
makes 8-10 burgers
FOR THE BURGERS
- 1 1/2 c. green juice pulp
- 2 tbs. avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 6 mushrooms (I used clamshell and enoki, but any will work)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. flax seed
- 1/2 c. raw almonds
- 1 c. cooked lentils
TO COOK :
1. Make your juice - I used celery, pear, ginger, lemon, but any green juice will do (carrot, beet, more greens will also be good!). Set your pulp aside.
2. Heat up 1 tbs. avocado oil in a skillet. Add the chopped onion and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the juice pulp, salt, pepper, and spices. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Pulse your raw almonds and flax seed in a blender or food processor until chopped.
5. Add in your sauteed vegetables + cooked lentils, and continue to pulse until blended. I like my burgers chunky, but you can blend until it's your desired consistency.
6. With your hands form your patties.
7. Heat up 1 tbs. avocado oil in a skillet. Add your patties and cook 3-5 minutes on each size, until golden brown and crispy.
8. Plate it! Pictured below, I served with a fried egg, bed of leafy greens, steamed green beans, avocado, and some pickled veggies. The world is your oyster!