RECIPES | The Best Oatmeal Ever
Enjoy beautiful friends.
For the Oatmeal :
- 1 c. steel cut oats ( I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Organic Steel Cut Oats - quick cooking)
- 2 c. filtered water (or follow the water ratio instructions per the oats you choose)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp. powdered tumeric
- 1/2 tsp. powdered cardamom
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamom
- pinch of salt
Toppings : *These are my favorites, but there are endless options!
- small handful of golden-berries
- small handful of blueberries
- sprinkle of goji Berries
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. bee pollen
- 1 heaping scoop of almond butter
- splash of almond milk
TO COOK :
1. In a medium sized saucepan, add all of the ingredients for the oatmeal with the exception of the banana. Bring to a boil. After it starts to boil, set to low and cover for 10 minutes (or follow the instructions of your oatmeal for cook time, I choose quick cooking. Your oatmeal may take longer to soften).
2. Meanwhile, mash your banana with a fork.
3. Stir the mashed banana into the oatmeal after the 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for 3-5 minutes with the lid on.
4. Serve up and add your toppings.